Sunday 8 July 2012

The Spectral Theorem

I definately have to apologise for my lack of posts for the past few weeks. During and after exams I have been insanely sick with neausea and other fun things, so needless to say, baking was probably not a good idea. However, still being quite sick, I am quite bored of resting and decided to venture in the kitchen.
I had attempted to make Vanilla cupcakes with a Raspberry Frosting, however, being still quite dizzy and unable to compute things, I had forgotten the baking soda which resulted in cute, upside down cakes. So here, I present to you, my version of a Vanilla, White Chocolate Upside-down Cakes with Forest Berry Frosting. Despite my lack of ability to remember things at the current time, I have to admit they taste pretty amazing. 


Vanilla, White Chocolate Upside-down Cakes with Forest Berry Frosting

- 200 grams butter 
-  3 eggs 
- 2 cups of plain flour 
- 160 grams of melted vanilla chocolate 
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar 
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence 
FOR THE ICING 
- 250 grams of butter 
- 100 mL berry sauce (boiled frozen berries in water. strained) 
- 1.5 cups of icing sugar
- shaved white chocolate for serving

Here is the how-to: 

1. Again, preheat the oven to 180 deg.Celcius. Line your cupcake tin with baking paper of muffin tins 
2. Cream your butter until very very fluffy and white. Add in your sugar and beat until well combined. 
3. Mix your eggs, one at a time and when well mixed, fold in the melted chocolate and vanilla essence. 
4. Combine with the flour and mix until well combined. Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes. 
5. For the berry sauce, I used a cup of mixed berries and boiled that with about a cup of water whilst crushing the berries in the water. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15/20 minutes. Once done, strain to get rid of the solids, which will leave you with the tasty juice. Store it to the side to cool. 
6. Cream the butter until fluffy and pour in your sugar bits at a time. For this, make sure that they are very well combined before continuing. 
7. Slowly, and I mean very slowly, add in the berry sauce at small portions at a time. Should you mix too much, it will not mixx entirely and it will look quite inconsistant. So mix, and add things in slowly. Store to the side to cool. 
8. To put them all together, you want to strip your cakes from the patties and cut off any weird things that don't fit in with the shape. Ice the cupcakes as you please and top with some shaved white chocolate. 



I am planning to bake more throughout the week. Rocky road and an actual white chocolate mudcake, cupcakes. I do indeed love holidays, even if I am sick. Until next time, 

Much Love and Eat Fruit. X

No comments:

Post a Comment