Sunday 3 June 2012

The Chaos Theory

The period leaning towards the end of semester is always a confusing time for me. On the one hand, I have just finished all my assignments and in a real need for a break, the other, I have examinations coming up soon and would benefit from early studying (as opposed to the usual all nighters beforehand). Either way, whether exams are coming up and with assessments finished, comfort food was needed and nothing can escape butter cookies. 

I would remember going to family dinners out at Chinatown and at the end of it, we would receive a plateful of these and each time, I try to eat as many as I can without anyone noticing. It is a creamy biscuit that literally just melts in your mouth. The good thing is, is that it doesn't take that long to make. Give me 15 of these, a cup of tea and I will be good for the night. And alas, here is where I present to you, my darling receipe for butter cookies. 




Butter Cookies 


You will need: 
- half a cup of butter 
- 115 of caster sugar 
- a pinch of salt 
- a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
- 1/1/2 cup of plain flour

Here is the how to: 


1. Beat the butter, until pale, and fluffy (with an electric mixer). Slowly add in the sugar, salt, and vanilla and beat until very well combined. 
2. Add in the flour (this next step is optional, but it's the best fun I'm going to have all week), take out the mixer and mix in the flour with your hands until it is all mixed in. 
3. Press the dough into a pan and leave in the fridge to breathe for an hour. 
4. Preheat the oven to 180 deg.Cel and roll out the dough so it is about 5 mm thick. 
5. Cut the cookies and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes until nicely gold (but not brown). (they make about 30) 





They are absolutely delicious. I have been attempting to study under my snuggie and needless to say, I am too comfortable. Study can wait. 

I did want to try to do an outfit post sometime soon. That can be our Shrodinger's cat experiments till next time. 

Much Love and Eat Fruit. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment